I have somehow have managed NOT to write a blog post in over a month. I also bought bright pink skinny jeans yesterday (Gap clearance!). I don’t even know myself anymore.
I do promise that I’m doing well (and that I’m not pregnant), but “adventure” as opposed to “computer” has been the word of the summer.
I HAVE been working on a post about my training for that crazy uphill 17.1 mile race I’m doing in 5 weeks, but it isn’t finished yet. However, I figured I should produce something before I disappear from existence completely. A little “fluffy” if you will.
Luckily, a few weeks ago, I was tagged by Danielle to do this Five Things survey. I mean, it isn’t much (and I only say the word “marathon” once), but I do love me some surveys. So, here is my Five Things Friday.
5 Things I have a passion for:
1. My husband and my family
2. Treating people with developmental disabilities with dignity and respect
3. Promoting healthy habits (good nutrition, physical activity) in children (SAYS THE LADY WITH NO CHILDREN)
4. Books in actual paper form (although I did download my first eBook and felt very, very dirty)
5. Funding Arts in Education (choir kids need support too!)
5 Things I would like to do before I die:
1. Run the Great Wall of China Marathon (I will settle for just seeing the Great Wall of China)
2. Get a Pilot’s License
3. Ride a Vespa around Rome (preferably behind Gregory Peck)
4. Go on a safari in Africa
5. Donate enough money to my college to get a building named after me. (“Where are you living this year?” “Oh, I’m in Amy Hall.”)
5 Things I say a lot:
1. “California” (usually in a sentence such as, “Oh, I lived in California!” anytime someone mentions the state)
2. YAY! (in reference to anything I find remotely exciting)
3. “Hmmm…I don’t know…” (in response to anything I don’t know. Which is a lot).
4. “That’s yucky.” (referring to anything…well…yucky).
5. OH MY GOD (can really be applied to anything).
5 books or magazines I’ve read lately:
1. Middlemarch: A Study of Provincial Life
2. Souls of Black Folk
3. Marathon and Beyond (magazine)
4. Wine Spectator (magazine)
5. Once a Runner
5 Favorite Movies:
1. Breakfast at Tiffany’s
3. Roman Holiday…apparently I like Audrey Hepburn
4. It’s a Wonderful Life
5. Love Actually (I have easily seen this movie 50 times…5 of those times during December finals week my freshman year of college)
5 places I would love to travel to: (I haven’t done a lot of traveling)
1. Florence, Italy (and Rome, and Tuscany, and Venice)
2. Paris, France (and all wineries in France)
5. Machu Picchu
*SLIGHTLY RELATED: There is a Mermaid School in the Philippines! While I don’t think it makes it onto my top 5 places to travel, it makes my heart happy just to know that such a place exists. I want to be a mermaid (guess I should learn to swim first though…)
I hope everyone has an absolutely wonderful weekend!