At some point during this week, my little blog celebrated its 2nd Birthday!
If you didn’t know, “Lavender Parking” didn’t start off as a running blog. It didn’t really start out with any focus at all, but since I hadn’t yet discovered the hobby that would eventually consume my life and my paycheck, it certainly had little to do with running. I still talked about craft beer a lot though. That hasn’t changed.
Incidentally, my first race recap came early on (about 2 weeks in). It was a 5-K recap for a race called, Will Run for Beer, (at that point…this was pretty much the only way I’d consent to running). Looking back at that post, I said, “Despite my best efforts, I am kind of enjoying running and racing. I plan on doing the 10-K at Run for the Zoo in a month. Aaron might make a runner of this girl yet!” If Two Years Ago Amy only knew.
Now, here we are. This blog has completely transformed into a running blog, and I am training for my second marathon with the support and guidance of people from all over the country and even the world.
It has always been more of a priority for me to have blog friends as opposed to readers or lots of followers. I’m always amazed at the level of familiarity I can have with complete strangers, and sometimes I forget that I don’t actually know most of you. I’m sad that we can all live in one little blogger neighborhood and go on group runs and then have BBQ’s with lots of beer and cheeseburgers afterward. And we could take lots of pictures of everything without judgement. And then post them to Instagram.
So, THANK YOU. Thank you for stopping by. Thank you for cheering me on in my various adventures, and thanks for being such great friends!
OK, hug time over.
Other thoughts on this Friday:
1) SELECTION SUNDAY: Bracket prediction update: Saint Mary’s is now set to play UNM in the pretend 2nd round. Oh, and we lost our tournament. By a lot. SIGH.
2) I really wish I was in Chicago this weekend. GREEN RIVER.
3) I’m running a really hard trail race this weekend…I still haven’t decided if I’m “racing” or if I’m “surviving.” According to Advanced Marathoning, I can go all out if I want to and still be fine for my goal race. But the trail has ankle deep sand, so even if I tried, I’m not sure I can run a fast race.
4) A friend let me know that The Alabama Shakes are performing in Albuquerque this summer!
5) 1 month until Boston, 1 week until taper! I apologize in advance for the craziness that will surly come out around here soon.
6) HAPPY SAINT PATRICK’S DAY. I LOVE this holiday even though I am 0% Irish. Giuseppe is Scottish, and last year my mom made him this fabulous kilt outfit. He LOVES it….
Good luck to everyone doing a race this weekend! May your celebration be full of Guinness, and may you get many Irish kisses!