Muchos Gracias to Jen from Luv What You Do who nominated me for a Leibster award! Jennifer lives in the Chicago area and comes up with some crazy innovative recipes on her blog in between running and robbing FroYo joints (just kidding…kind of…).
So, first, my 11 Random Things of the moment
1) I liked Season 1 of Downton Abbey more than Season 2 (does it bother anyone else that the Turkish dude died VERY suspiciously and no investigation has ever been done? Or that the random solider showed up and said he was Patrick but then left? I guess we can all assume that he was a fraud, but wouldn’t the family press charges or worry that he’d come back and rob the house?) We’ve finished with Season 2 and the Christmas special, so now we just have a few episodes of season 3 before we are completely caught up and I can go back to being on twitter on Sunday nights (ahem, Christina).
2) I’ve only killed one indoor plant so far this year (as in, since January 1st), and I am very proud! The trick is to buy a lot of succulents.
3) I wish I could live inside Pottery Barn. Their room designs are always so perfect. I also wish I could afford to buy furniture at Pottery Barn.
4) I really want to buy a pair of boat shoes (like Sperrys) to wear around Boston. I don’t even know if people in Boston actually wear them, but doesn’t it seem like the Bostonian thing to do? I also want to buy everything in argyle. That seems Bostonian too? I’d hate to hear what people think New Mexicans wear.
5) I cheered for San Francisco on Sunday because of my undying love for the city. But it was happy when I realized Big Mike from the Blind Side plays for the Ravens.
6) I always buy an actual race photo print to ease my guilt in posting “proof” pictures on the blog that clearly state that I’m not supposed to use them.
7) Apparently Brooks Adrenaline is my running shoe of choice because I just bought my second pair this week via Holabird (yikes…even discount sites are getting more expensive).
8) I have always been terrible at spelling. Since Google Chrome will check my spelling at all times, I no longer find it a necessary skill to have.
9) Growing up, Full House was my favorite TV Show. It may have also been one of the reasons for my San Francisco obsession.
10) I took piano lessons for about 7 years, but I’m seriously terrible. I wish I knew how to play the violin.
11) I really don’t like raisins. There is a very specific type of disappointment associated with grabbing a chocolate chip cookie only to discover that it is actually raisin oatmeal.
Jennifer’s 11 Questions for me to answer:
1. What is your astrological sign? Do you fit the description?
I am a Virgo. One description I found said,
“Virgo exists in the mind, everything is inside. To the world, Virgo presents a calm and collected exterior but on the inside, nervous uncontrolled intensity in the mind, trying to figure things out, how to improve everything, analyzing and thinking. Virgo can tire itself out without even moving! Virgo has a constant drive to improve and perfect, this can lead to extreme pickiness and finickiest. They are pure, their motives are honest never malicious and they want to accomplish something.”
So basically I sound anxious, and stressed. Hmmmm…
2. What is your favorite winter activity?
I really don’t like being cold. I used to love skiing, but I haven’t gone in about 6 years, so I think I’d spend more time being terrified than having fun. I enjoyed snowshoeing when we went for New Year’s, but I think my favorite winter activity is curling up next to a fire with a cup of hot chocolate/wine/beer and watching the snowfall (it snows like once per year here).
3. Flats or Heels?
I’m a little person, so I wear heels everyday just so I can reach stuff and see over counters.
4. Who was your first kiss?
5. If you could get rid of one form of social media, what would it be?
…I’m kind of getting tired of facebook. Otherwise, I don’t mind anything that I have an account for.
6. Last race you participated in? What race are you doing next?
Last race was Rock n’ Roll Arizona. Next race is likely going to be Bataan Memorial Death March, but I haven’t registered yet.
7. What is your favorite gift to give others?
8. If you won the lottery, what would be your first purchase?
Absolute first purchase would probably be plane tickets (location depends on time of the year, but most likely a beach at any given time). Everything else can be purchased online while I am sitting at said beach.
9. What is your favorite meal? Breakfast, lunch or Dinner and Why?
I think breakfast food is my favorite. Breakfast burritos, huevos rancheros, pancakes, waffles, hash browns, bacon, etc. etc. etc.
10. Do your friends, family and coworkers know that you are a blogger?
Friends and family, yes. Hopefully not coworkers. I get along with (most of) them, but I don’t want them to know anything about me outside of the workplace.
11. What do you like most about blogging and what is the hardest part?
I absolutely LOVE connecting with people. It is amazing to find friends with similar interests from all of the country and all over the world. the hardest part is trying to keep up with everyone! All of you are always on the go, reaching new milestones and finding new and creative ways to solve problems. If I turn off the computer for a long weekend, I feel like I miss so much!
Thanks again, Jen for the lovely award! I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend. If you are in the Northeast….GOOD LUCK!