A huge thanks to Shannon for awarding me with a Leibster! Shannon is another Albuquerque running blogger, but her race times are far more impressive!
First, my 11 randomish things:
1. I just started watching Downton Abbey on Friday. I’m about halfway through Season 2 and I was officially obsessed after 3 episodes. I’m going to be sad when I finish catching up because then I’m going to have to wait a week to find out what happens next. And you can judge away, but my favorite sister is Edith. I think she acts exactly like a spoiled, unappreciated, middle sister would.
2. I think IPA is disgusting. I will never understand how people not only drink it, but embrace it. Luckily, Aaron feels the same way, so there is never any of that yuckiness taking up refrigerator space.
3. My college basketball team isn’t anywhere near the top 25 this year, so I haven’t been watching the games at all. (UPDATE: our star player won “Best Play of the Night” yesterday for his game winning buzzer shot against BYU! Maybe we’ll finally move up a bit in conference rankings because #4 is embarrassing for former champions). Meanwhile, Aaron has been watching EVERY New Mexico game. I know his players better than I know mine.
4. Race medals are cool, but they aren’t even a remote consideration when I’m choosing which races to do.
5. I don’t think the new Justin Timberlake song was worth the 7 year wait.
6. I miss facebook circa 2006.
7. I think Taylor Swift is adorable. I don’t care if she dates boys (and lots of them!) just for lyric inspiration, or if all of her songs sound like bitter teenage drama. I love her.
8. I caught Aaron off guard the other day when The Devil Went Down To Georgia came on and I knew every word. It was on the Coyote Ugly soundtrack.
9. I have absolutely no appreciation for country music unless it comes from Johnny Cash. But Johnny Cash can sing to me all day.
10. I am severely claustrophobic. I have a panic attack if I feel confined in any way. For example, I will change into flip flops the moment a race finishes because I hate closed toed shoes especially if they can’t be slipped off easily.
11. When I was younger, all of my school supplies were Lisa Frank. Her dolphin line was my favorite!
Shannon’s 11 Questions:
1. What are two items that are always in your refrigerator?
We are never without cheese or artichoke hearts.
2. Do you prefer to exercise indoors or outdoors?
Definitely outdoors. Albuquerque is a very outdoor friendly city except when it is 3 degrees outside.
3. Have you ever been on a cruise?
Nope. I would like to though!
4. What is your favorite Disney movie?
This is like asking me to choose my favorite child. Probably my top 3 are Aladdin, Little Mermaid, and Beauty and the Beast. Jasmine is my favorite princess.
5. Besides water, if you could only consume one beverage for the rest of your life, what would it be?
6. What’s the longest distance you’ve ever run?
7. How many James Bond movies have you seen?
Hmmm…I think all of the Sean Connery ones, maybe 1 Roger Moore, a couple of Pierce Bronson, and 1 Daniel Craig. Sean Connery is by far my favorite Bond.
8. What is your favorite vacation place?
San Francisco, or any place with a warm beach. My favorite “vacation ” (it was technically a month long field trip) was to Brazil.
9. If you were a Thanksgiving side dish, what would you be?
Mashed potatoes because they are smooth and creamy. Ooooooh yeah!
10. What was the last non-grocery store you shopped at?
Lululemon. What The Fluff went on sale.
11. If you could participate in any athletic event, what would it be?
The Kentucky Derby. I don’t know how to ride horses, but I’m jockey sized, and I think it would be fun to celebrate with mint juleps!
Thanks again for the award, Shannon!
I’m officially in taper mode for Sunday. Half tapers are so much more calm than marathon tapers, but I’m still trying not to aggravate all of these new aches and pains that have appeared since Saturday. Giuseppe is helping us with proper upward facing dog form.
I hope you have a fantastic day!