I saw this Christmas Survey on Christina’s blog, and I decided to steal it. Consider this a gratuitous fluffy non-running related post (they do ask a running question!). But I mean, who doesn’t love more Christmas (well, except Aaron who apparently has watched one too many Hallmark movies and now goes around calling himself Ebeneezer)?
1. Favorite Christmas Album/CD/Song?
I mean, really. There are so few that I don’t like (Feliz Navidad comes to mind…I think they play it more here in New Mexico). For traditional songs, O Holy Night and Silent Night. Newer, All I Want For Christmas is You is my jam. Frank, Dean, Rosemary, Nat, and Buble can sing anything and I’d be a big fan.
This however, is hands down THE WORST Christmas song ever. But I can’t stop listening! It takes some talent to express gratefulness for being born in the USA and wish Jesus a happy birthday in one sentence.
2. Run on Christmas morning or take the day off?
Confession…we almost always take Christmas off. There just isn’t a good time of day to squeeze it in. One year, when we first got engaged, Aaron had to work on Christmas, so I hung out at the gym for a couple of hours. But otherwise, if you can’t let go on Christmas, when can you?
3. What do you usually eat on Christmas morning?
Aaron and I always get up and go to my parents in our pajamas and open presents there with some mimosas. Breakfast is usually some fancy pancake dish or traditional tamales and eggs. There are usually always baked goods.
4. Favorite holiday or Christmas tradition?
My gingerbread house is probably my favorite “Amy” tradition. I think Aaron is still wondering how he married into such a crazy kitchen disaster. Otherwise, watching Christmas movies, our annual Christmas party, River of Lights, falling asleep to the Christmas Story on Christmas Eve, and spending time with family are my favorite.
5. Real tree, fake tree or no tree?
REAL. A few years ago my mom bought an artificial tree because nothing in nature was as perfect as she wanted (plus, they always look pretty dead by the time Christmas comes around). But I can’t do it. I love the smell.
6. Christmas pajamas… yay or nay? For as long as I can remember, we always get to open one present on Christmas Eve…Christmas pajamas. So, always yay. (See picture above).
7. Where do you spend the holidays? Both of our families are in town, so we do presents/breakfast/Disney parade with my family and more presents/dinner with Aaron’s family.
8. Food that you always have during the holiday season? Favorite Christmas food/treat?
When I think of Christmas food, I think of traditional New Mexican favorites. Tamales, red chile enchiladas, taquitos, and biscochitos. It ain’t Christmas without them.
9. Open presents all at once or take turns?
All at once! That way you don’t have the awkwardness of having everyone watch you and your reactions.
10. Favorite Christmas(ish) movie?
I’m going with It’s a Wonderful Life because Jimmy Stewart is my boyfriend and the story is SO GOOD. I really like almost any Christmas movie though. Home Alone, Home Alone 2, Love Actually, Eloise at Christmastime, Miracle on 34th Street, The Muppet Christmas Carol, Polar Express, The Holiday, The Grinch. You name it. Except for those wretched Claymation movies. I’ll watch Rudolph, but anything else is just not gonna happen.
Which Christmas song do you think is the worst?
According to the Christmas Song Authorities, Dominick the Italian Christmas Donkey is the worst. I still think I Love Christmas beats it. I’ll let you decide.