Just wanted to let you know that this week’s (Half) Marathon Reflection Monday post isn’t done yet (or started…).
This weekend Aaron and I went to Phoenix for the wedding of two of my friends from college. Talk about AMAZING wedding.
I also got to hang out with Jac (I am a really terrible person and didn’t look up the address of the restaurant until we were leaving…40 miles away from our hotel! Thanks to that and the world’s slowest hotel checkout procedure, we were ridiculously late to lunch). I LOVE meeting blog friends, and Jac was so sweet despite us being so late. Although she did talk some major smack about green chile which is sacrilege in these parts! There is a picture but it is currently living on Aaron’s phone, so I’ll share that tomorrow.
Because we were out of town on the weekend that I usually do all of our Christmas decorating I am way behind. We wanted to put it off until we came back, but now I’m stressing about getting a tree, decorating the tree (somehow always a 2-3 days process) putting lights on the house (likely in the dark), sending out our Christmas cards, Christmas shopping (I have bought exactly 1 thing so far), putting up my little Department 56 Dickens Village, finishing my gingerbread house, etc. etc. I think it takes a very special type person to get this stressed over being Christmasy.
So, the points of this blog are to tell you:
1) I am a terrible real life blog friend
2) Despite loving Christmas so much, I have NO decorations up aside from the Poinsettias I bought at Home Depot on Black Friday
3) REMEMBER TO ENTER THE SUNGLASSES GIVEAWAY! The winner will be chosen tomorrow night, so time is running out!
4) MY BFF KATE IS PREGNANT! I mean, I shouldn’t be this happy for someone who I will never ever meet, but I AM SO HAPPY!
5) My blog is snowing! Cool since it doesn’t look like anyone is getting any real snow. The weirdest thing ever is to be in Phoenix (so warm) with Christmas decorations everywhere.
Hope you are having a wonderful Monday!