So, a few weeks ago I asked you about sunglasses. Everyone was thinking, uh, ok, we’ll answer your question, but what the heck does this have to do with anything?
Well, today is the day when all of your questions will be answered!
When The Sunglasses Shop contacted me about (wait for it…) SUNGLASSES, I was excited not only because I LOVE sunglasses, but because I kind of think you all do too! I actually found out about them when Skinny Runner did her review.
Typically, I go for less expensive sunglasses. The one time I bought myself a pair of Prada’s, they got stolen (at a charity luncheon no less), so I tend to look at design and value over brand. The less high profile, the less likely they’ll get lifted off my table.
The Sunglasses Shop is a UK based online retailer that not only carries brands like Oakley, and designers like Prada and Chanel, but also brands lesser known here in the States. And they have several lines of lower profile frames for people like me who can’t have nice things! And for you UK folks, they have next day free delivery which is pretty unheard of.
The sunglasses I was sent to review are from a brand called North Beach. According the website (this is best read in a British accent),
“North Beach was born in the surfing waters of New Zealand and Australia and specialises in polarised lenses at a great price. Style and charisma is for North Beach fans; the entire collection consists of stylish and fashionable frames with the beach at their heart. North Beach Sunglasses are all polarised and suitable for high glare situations. This of course includes fishing, and many anglers out there carry a pair of North Beach sunglasses at all times.”
So, even if you are the type who prefers designer eye-wear, these are pretty much made for you to wear on the lake or beach, and if they fall off in the middle of the ocean, at least you haven’t lost your $360 investment.
I received my North Beach Adriatic Black sunglasses and I’ve been wearing them all week to test them out.
THINGS I LOVE:
1) Because North Beach isn’t a known brand in these parts, I feel like I’m a super hipster wearing something that nobody else has discovered yet.
2) The design is really cool! I love big sunglasses, and these are as big as they get without looking grasshopper-esqe. The Sunglasses Shop offers several models of North Beach frames, so even if you liked something less all-face-consuming, you could get what you’re looking for. They also offer men’s and women’s styles.
3) Polarized lenses. I love the glare reduction that polarized sunglasses offer, and I think they make the world look more High Def.
4) THEY DON’T SLIP! Nothing drives me crazier than sunglasses that slip down my nose every few minutes. These ones stay put.
5) The little knot detail on the side (see picture above). Just a little something extra to add to their aesthetic.
These sunglasses retail for about $40 USD, which is a pretty good deal. But, I will admit when I first received them and looked at them before trying them on, my first thought was that they really looked like $40 sunglasses. I don’t know if it was the quality of the plastic or what, but if you are going for super high end sunglasses, you’ll probably be less interested in these sunglasses for every day use because they don’t look expensive. This doesn’t seem to affect construction or functionality though, and I don’t think they look cheap on. I would say they rank high above something you could buy at H&M or Urban Outfitters as far as quality is concerned.
The Sunglasses Shop offers easy returns and they pride themselves on customer service. I know I’ve had a great experience working with their blogger liaison.
So, the best thing about all of this is that somebody is going to win a pair of the North Beach sunglasses of their choice!
(You can check out all the models HERE)
(So, I set up this whole raffle copter system only to find out that WordPress doesn’t support the code. BUMMER. So, we’ll have to go about things manually instead.)
Here’s what you need to do:
1) Go to The Sunglasses Shop on facebook HERE and “like” them (as a fan, I can tell you that they are not in any way an annoying page to follow).
2) Once you’ve liked them, write them a comment on their timeline saying that “Amy @ Lavender Parking sent you from here http://wp.me/p1qo6Y-15A” or some version of that including the link to the post.
3) Leave me a comment letting me know that you’ve done this.
1) Tweet about the giveaway linking back to this post and mentioning @lavenderparking (me) and @sunglassshop (them) and then leave me a comment letting me know.
2) Leave a comment here telling me what your favorite Christmas (or Hanukkah) movie is. This is a really really really hard choice, but I’d have to say mine is It’s a Wonderful Life.
The contest will run until Tuesday night at which point a winner will be chosen.
I’m excited for my first giveaway, and I’m hoping that the winner enjoys their new sunglasses and their The Sunglasses Shop experience as much as I have!
*DISCLAIMER: I received this pair of sunglasses courtesy of The Sunglasses Shop. The opinions expressed are obviously my own (otherwise I wouldn’t have agreed to do this).
Now, enter away! And have a great Thursday!