Um, Hello Race Season!
Sending Fast Thoughts To:
Shantarella who is running HER FIRST MARATHON in South Africa!
Kelly who is running the Rock n Roll Denver Half this weekend!
Lindsey is running her FIRST half marathon this weekend!
Allison who is running a half marathon with her myTeamTriumph!
Hyedi who is running a 5-K this weekend (and is hopefully feeling better!)
1) First: TWO WEEKS AND TWO DAYS!!! Oh my goodness, I can’t even handle it.
2) I admit…after the first game, I was pretty worried. I asked Aaron if I could retract my decision. BUT, I’m at peace now. I mean, it takes me a few miles to warm-up, so why wouldn’t it take a team a few games to warm-up? GO GIANTS!!!
3) So, aside from just more of the same running recaps (boring this week since the taper), I’m fresh out of things to say until next week when I anticipate a daily freak out session that you may have to help me through. Should be fun. But, until then, I thought I’d catch up on some Leibster Questions.
The lovely ladies Lindsey, Allison, and Shantarella each nominated me for the award (THANK YOU!), and provided the following questions to be answered. Incidentally, all three are up there racing this weekend!
1. Why did you start blogging? I started out blog stalking. Then friends started getting their own blogs. I was like, I want a blog too! I posted for about 9 months before I figured out what I wanted to write about.
2. What three words best describe you? Short, caffeinated, competitive
3. What is your favorite comfort food? Sweet and sour pork. And cookies. I’m a sucker for cookies.
4. What are the top three things on your Bucket List? Go to Europe (Like seriously. There is this whole amazing continent full of art and wine, and I’ve never been there. NOT COOL), Get Interviewed on The Today Show (I’m not above creating a crazy YouTube video to make this happen), Run the Boston Marathon (preferably BEFORE I’m 80).
5. What is one skill or sport you wish you were really good at? I wish I was good at any sport. I really suck at sports. But I really wish I understood the financial realm and economics. Sloan on Newsroom helps me, but I’m still a deer in headlights when people start talking about advanced concepts.
6. What is one goal you would like to achieve this next year?: I’ll let you know AFTER the marathon.
7. Five things in your gym bag or purse are _____? Kleenex, lip gloss, wallet, pen, cell phone (this is my bag…I don’t actually carry a gym bag…that’s what husbands are for!).
8. When you were younger, what did you want to be when you grew up? A doctor. And then a Disney Imagineer. Not even remotely close to either.
9. Where is your favorite vacation destination? San Francisco (now that I don’t live 30 miles away), and Disneyland/ Disney World. I do love me a nice beach though.
10. What was your favorite childhood TV show? Hmmm…Full House, and Muppet Babies. And of course World News Tonight with Peter Jennings.
11. If you could change careers, what would you do? Best selling author/professor. The author of Jarhead taught at my college, and he’d fly in every week from his home in L.A. I could deal with that lifestyle I think.
1. What is your biggest achievement ? Endurance running. In a few weeks, I will definitely say “running a marathon.” I truthfully never had to try very hard to be successful. This is probably the first thing in my life that I’ve actually worked my butt off for.
2. What is the best thing about where you live ? FOOD. Green chile is amazing.
3. What is your favourite beverage? Water! And wine.
4. What was the last book you read ? Still reading The Souls of Black Folk by W.E.B. Du Bois. Non-fiction is hard to read when you’re using it as a bedtime book.
5. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Hopefully living somewhere near the ocean or water
6. Whats your favourite blog? My own!
7. What would be your dream job? See # 11 above
8. Cupcakes or Cocktails ? BOTH. Seriously, Shantarella….what kind of question is that????
9. Where would you like to go on your next holiday? I NEED to get to Europe. But first up, Chicago!
10. Whats your favourite Disney movie? This is like asking me to choose between children….hmmm…The Little Mermaid. And Aladdin. And Peter Pan. And Wall-E. Just, all of them. I think that’s the safest answer.
11. What car do you drive? A black SUV that I’m in love with!
1. What is your favorite inspirational quote or motto? Dream as if you’ll live forever. Live as if you’ll die today.
2. What is the #1 played song on your iPod? Hmmm…I haven’t kept track in awhile. If I had to guess, I’d say Don’t Stop Believing. I love Journey so much it hurts.
3. What’s your least favorite chore? DISHES. I HATE dishes. I’d rather clean toilets.
4. If you could learn to do anything, what would it be? Play the violin. And I’d like to be able to talk intelligently about economics.
5. If you had to change your first name, what would you change it to? My name was SUPPOSED to be Aimee, the French version of Amy, so I’d start there. I also really like first names that should be last names or names that make me sound like I play Lacrosse at Harvard.
6. What story does your family always tell about you? Either the pigeon that wouldn’t leave me alone when I was learning to ride a bike, or when I sped down the mountain on skis and had to wait for my dad and the bottom of the hill (I was like 7). My sisters like to make up stories about how mean I was to them and I how I did things like lock them in the car. I think they’re being overdramatic.
7. What was the first concert you ever went to? Hmmmm……I think Pavarotti. He actually came to Albuquerque to perform maybe 11 years ago and my family is a bunch of opera crazies. It was a big deal.
8. Do you prefer summer or winter? SUMMER! Although, running in summer is not fun. I hate being cold.
9. How did you get in to blogging? See above
10. What is something you have always wanted to try? Backpacking through Europe. I’m kind of past the right age now though. And I can appreciate the value of a comfortable bed and my own bathroom.
11. The best part of waking up is? LIVING!
AMY’ S QUESTIONS for everyone:
1) What is your favorite social medium?
After all this time, Facebook is still my favorite. I love Pinterest but I liked it more before it was overrun with weight loss tips and “pin now, read later” captions.
2) What are you doing this weekend?
The last 20 miler. Unless something goes very wrong. And then I’ll finally get to really taper too!
Have a fantastic weekend!