So I had a busy night last night, and didn’t have a chance to stalk everyone to find out who was racing this week. Race Shout-Outs will have to take a break this weekend. I’m so sorry!
I do know that Rachel is running a half marathon, and I’m hoping that the rain gives her a break this weekend!
Good luck to everyone racing this weekend!
So, here we are, halfway through 2012. I can’t believe 6 months have gone by so fast! In January I made a Bucket List of items that I wanted to accomplish during the year that was a mixture of life experiences, personal growth, and fitness goals. As a bucket list, there is less pressure to make sure everything gets done as opposed to resolutions which sound much more concrete. But still, I would have a heck of a year if I pulled it off!
So…at the half way point, am I anywhere near meeting my goals? Time to revisit and re-evaluate my game plan!
1) Get Passport stamp #4: It is still a slight possibility, but it may have to wait until next year. MAYBE.
2) Pay off credit card debt: Um….this needs to be a bigger priority…MAYBE
3) Ride in a hot air balloon. Wow, it is way more expensive than I thought it would be. Still in the works though! MAYBE
4) Run a full marathon: ON TRACK!
5) Run a race every month: ON TRACK!
6) Compete in a triathlon: I suppose it could still happen if I can find a sprint distance in like, December, but it may have to wait until next year. And, it all rests on #7. MAYBE
7) Learn to swim: I started to learn, but haven’t been in the pool since February. MAYBE
8) Read my way through Newsweek’s Top 100 Books of all time: This is probably going to take several years. I’ve LOVED a few of these books, but some (ahem, Heart of Darkness), have taken me forever. Like, great that you have such an extensive vocabulary, Joseph Conrad, but you don’t have to use every big word you know in one sentence. NOT GONNA HAPPEN
9) Go on a White Water Rafting weekend expedition: The ones I want to do are in Oregon, and we probably aren’t going to get there this year. All of the rivers here are pretty unexciting since we didn’t really have a snowy winter. But still not completely out. MAYBE
10) Start dressing my age: Ummm (looks down at flip flops)….not even close. We’ll work on this one. I always feel a little weird walking into a meeting with everyone else dressed professionally while I look like I’m running late to homeroom. MAYBE
11) Visit a new state: ON TRACK!
12) Send a birthday card in the mail to people on their birthdays: I’ve done this a few times! So, I’d say, DONE!
13) Learn how to use my camera and take awe-inspiring photos: I’ve learned a few settings, although Aaron has experimented more. I’ll resolve to sign up for an online class. MAYBE
14) Relearn French: I looked into Rosetta Stone, but a lot of people don’t seem to think that it is worth the price. But I don’t want to spend money on a cheaper product and have it not work. Anyone have any good suggestions? MAYBE
15) Go horseback riding on the beach: Still a possibility. I actually looked to see if they offer horseback riding on the beach in Chicago, but it looks like not. MAYBE
16) Write a novel: I need to actually sit down and start first. This seems to be the hardest part. MAYBE
18) Do a massive house cleaning and reorganization: This needs to happen. Maybe this weekend? ON TRACK
19) Take the GRE: I actually had forgotten about this. I really want to go to grad school for my own learning pleasure, but seeing as how I’m still paying off student loans and I have a job that doesn’t really require it, it seems kind of silly. Still, the longer I wait the more things like long division I’ll forget. MAYBE
20) Go to a live music festival: DAMN YOU PEOPLE AND YOUR MUSIC FESTIVALS!! (you know who you are). I was actually thinking Austin City Limits but that was way sold out when I checked a few months ago. This may have to wait, but I’m sure there are plenty of smaller music festivals that I can probably get to pretty easily just to say that I did. MAYBE
21) Choose an NFL Team to cheer for and learn everything about them (then go to one of their games): I’ve narrowed myself down to three teams, but I still have a couple of months before football season begins. ON TRACK
22) Win something (anything) in a radio contest: I need to reignite my efforts! MAYBE
23) Invest in a piece of artwork: This is still a possibility. I need to start looking into it. I have a friend who is an art dealer, but I know nothing about the process. MAYBE
24) Finish a Tough Mudder: This will have to be put off until 2013. When I made the bucket list, Tough Mudder was supposed to be here this year. They’ve postponed it until my 29th birthday (and yes, that freaked me out a bit to type that). NOT GONNA HAPPEN
25) Figure out what in the world I’m doing with my life and take steps to get there: Um, yeah…nowhere closer than I was in January. Life decisions are hard. MAYBE
5 ON TRACKS
2 NOT GONNA HAPPENS
Looks like I need to get my bucket list butt in gear! I’d like to accomplish at least half this list, otherwise, this is the saddest little unaccomplished bucket list in the land. Time to get going!
Other Friday Noteworthies:
1) I wanted to say thanks to Laura who posted a link to a conversion calculator on her blog today. It estimates how fast you would run at cooler temperatures (3 minutes off my recent 10-K time), and how fast you would run at different elevations (2 minutes off my recent 10-K time). I’ve already spent some time playing with this!
2) My coffee grinder died. I have had no coffee this morning. This is really not fun. (As an example, I just published this without a title).
Question: How many of you ladies (and well…I suppose men too if you’re so lucky) are going to see Magic Mike this weekend? I totally wasn’t planning on it, but then my friend texted me yesterday and now we’re going. Not that I’m complaining. I haven’t seen a bunch of women this excited about a movie since the first Sex and the City.